Every once in a while I get asked for a list of good blogs to read (for people interested in the stuff I am interested in, I assume).
I’m putting them here as an easy place to point people to and, y’know, to share.
- Fred Wilson’s blog – he’s a VC and writes about tech, life, business, investments, food, all sorts
- Umair Haque – for the bigger picture. Legend.
- Dave Trott, storytelling advertising bloke – smart witty blogs on advertising and life.
- Alexander Kjerulf, my friend Alex sharing brilliant important items on happiness at work
- Maria Popova Brainpicker – she’s good on Twitter and I think blogging too
- Stowe Boyd is excellent (and a great guy in real life, too)
- Kathy Sierra is very cool – she’s clever and different
- danah boyd / zephoria is incredibly interesting, pretty into identity, privacy, digital culture
- Neil Perkin’s Only Dead Fish weekly email newsletter is excellent for marketing fodder
- For mobile stuff, Benedict Evans’ email newsletter
- Velocity Partners – great for content and B2B marketing
- John Willshire – thinks differently, good occasional blog posts
- Susan Etlinger analyst at Altimeter Group is a smart, brilliant person – worth paying attention to
- Global Guerillas – pretty different to these, about global resilience but fascinating
(Important aside: I’m noticing there are few women on my list, I dislike that.)
Do shout if something really good is missing.