For a while I’ve had a hankering to establish some kind of centre of learning here in Brighton where we can gather, share and learn about new better ways to approach business. (And with a Wired Sussex hat on, we’ve had in parallel conversations with the University of Brighton discussions about how we could collaborate on something like this – but here I’m just thinking about what this could be like started from scratch).
This thing would be or lead to a school of thought as much as a physical school.
Where the learning blends the following influences:
- WorldBlu companies (inc. Zappos, Namasté Solar, DaVita etc)
- Umair Haque
- SeeStep / Conscious Business
- Design thinking
- Permaculture and systems thinking
I have been thinking it might be good to start with a summer school approach, a bit like d.school.
The buzz words and values would be along these lines:
- Towards a sustainable world
- Design – matters
- Innovation – in all things
- Peer learning – we learn from one another
- Learning by doing – yup
- Diversity – in the search for the best possible results
- Open – in all things
- Different – always and above all
It’s definitely not a CSR thing. It’s a business thing. A better business thing. The Better Business School?