A quick update on the book.
The book is now at the final proof stage which means:
- it has been professionally proofed
- the manuscript now gets a final check from me and a proofreader
- we add in the foreword, which is being written by the excellent Traci Fenton from WorldBlu
- …and the endorsements saying things like ‘This book will save your world, your marriage, your Marmite supplies! – Brigadier F. Comelypants’
- …some of which are also then added to the cover design
- Finally it goes off TO BE PRINTED!
There’s a blog post to be written another time about the strange experience of being a digital person, finishing a piece of work and then waiting 6 months to get it out the door, but not necessarily (or only) in a bad way.
By the way, if you happen to recommend the book to someone you can say to them, with steel in your eyes, that IT IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER ON AMAZON TODAY but this isn’t a big sales push just yet🙂
Also, a new but intimately related project is that my company NixonMcInnes is putting on a proper one-day conference around very CultureShocky topics in this fine city of Brighton. That’ll be announced next week, but if the fire for a better world burns hot in you, get the 1st October in your diary… more to follow, comrades, more to follow.